Update: Willoughby Leisure Centre
Last updated: 31 May 2021
Facilities and services available
Please note: the pool hall closes 15-minutes prior to facility closure time.
Facilities and services coming soon
The following services will be returning to Willoughby Leisure Centre. More information will be provided closer to reopening.
- Crèche (bookings required) – date to be confirmed
Facilities and services unavailable
- Sauna (permanently closed)
- Casual sports hall bookings (except badminton)
We follow NSW Health guidelines for the health and safety of our community and staff.
Please note: We have limited visitor numbers to safeguard community and staff health and safety. Due to demand you may be asked to wait before you can enter Willoughby Leisure Centre, and there may be queues in order to maintain social distancing requirements. We appreciate your patience as we evolve our service to maintain a safe and healthy space for our community and staff.
Conditions of Entry
- The Willoughby Leisure Centre (WLC) is a non-smoking venue.
- Children under the age of 10 years are to be accompanied and closely supervised by a responsible adult 16 years and older at all times. Children unaccompanied by an adult may be prevented from entry at the discretion of staff.
- Children aged 8yrs and older are not permitted in change rooms of the opposite sex. Family change rooms are available for your use.
- Patrons under the influence of alcohol/drugs will not be permitted into the centre.
- Patrons are prohibited from bring or having in their possession, glass containers of any kind in the centre.
- An entry fee applies to all who wish to enter the WLC.
- A high standard of behaviour is expected from patrons at all times.
- Abusive, disruptive, offensive language or behaviour is not permitted in the centre.
- We ask patrons to comply with all reasonable requests made by WLC staff. Failure to comply may result in expulsion from the centre.
- No pets or animals permitted in the WLC, with the exception of service animals.
- Management reserves the right to inspect your bags.
- Bags and large items cannot be taken into the, spa, sauna, cycle studio, group fitness classes and Health Club.
- Management takes no responsibility for lost or stolen personal property or belongings. Lockers are available for hire.
- Cameras and mobile phone cameras are not permitted in change rooms or the Play Club
- Risk and Responsibility: There is always a risk of injury when using the Centre’s (WLC) equipment and facilities. The Centre does not accept any responsibility for any such injury and patrons must accept that risk. Patrons must disclose to the WLC any circumstances which may affect safety or increase risk or injury. To minimise that risk patrons must comply with all safety directions issued by the WLC staff and management. Please monitor your physical condition at all times and exercise to a level that is appropriate given your knowledge of your health and any medical advice you have obtained. If any unusual symptoms occur immediately stop what you are doing and notify a staff member.
- A Pre-Exercise Screening Questionnaire must be completed by patrons wanting to access the Health Club and attend a Group Fitness class, so we can assess your general health, wellbeing and your readiness for physical exercise. If you do not provide this information, you will not be able to use these facilities and services. If we believe you have a health issue, we may require you to obtain a medical certificate prior to allowing entry.
- Student discount rates are only for full time students. Photo ID and student identification card is required for proof of concession. The student rate is valid for the duration of your studies. If you hold a student membership and student status changes you must notify us immediately and we reserve the right to update your Membership Fees.
- Concession discount rates are only applicable for people aged 60 years or over that hold a senior card or pension card. To qualify for the concession rate a senior card or pension card must be provided for proof of concession at the time of purchase or membership sign up.
- Please observe pool rules at all times, we advise/request patrons to shower before entering the water.
- Parents or guardians must actively supervise their children at all times. Children under the age of 10 years must be closely supervised by an adult – (16 years and over). Children under the age of 5 years must have adult within arm’s reach.
- Only recognised swimwear, made from lycra and/or nylon is to be worn in the water.
- Only recognised waterproof nappies are to be worn in the water for infants articles of clothing such as cut-off jeans, t-shirts, bike-pants, leotards, casual wear and sporting wear are strictly prohibited in the pool, spa & sauna.
- Only WLC staff are permitted to conduct learn to swim and private swimming lessons within the WLC as part of the Swim School Programs.
- Swim School parents and children should remain on deck until a Swim Instructor is on duty at which time the child may enter the pool for their lesson.
- Bombing & diving is not permitted unless under the supervision of a Coach or Instructor and only in the deep end of the pool.
- Patrons are strictly prohibited from taking glass objects into the pool area. Parents are not permitted to take photos of children in the pool or on pool deck area.
- No food or drinks (except water and sports drinks) are to be taken onto the pool deck.
Health Club rules
- Correct attire must be worn when exercising i.e. suitable comfortable exercise clothing and appropriate footwear. Clothing such as jeans, boots, flip-flops/sandals or work wear is not permitted. Any member not wearing suitable attire may be asked to leave the gym.
- Members must use a towel for hygiene reasons in all the facilities. Members are requested to wipe down equipment in the Health Club and Group Fitness classes after use. Our 'no towel, no train' policy, will be strictly enforced. All members are required to show a clean towel when entering the facility.
- All Members must be aged 16 years or older to utilise the facilities of the Health Club unsupervised. Children aged 14 -15 can use the Health Club equipment under adult supervision.
We appreciate your patience as there may be increased waiting times when contacting us.
NSW Health: Face mask recommendations
Mask wearing is recommended in this venue in line with NSW Health advice.
For the most accurate and up-to-date information about restrictions visit the NSW Health website.