Terms & Conditions
Affective as of 1st July 2021
To ensure every participant receives the maximum benefit from the programs and services at Willoughby Leisure Centre, please take the time to read through the following terms and conditions.
- Term fee payment is required in full at the time of booking.
- All students over the age of 18 are required to complete a Pre-Exercise Questionnaire prior to commencing lessons. This must be updated annually.
- Current members will have an opportunity to re-enrol and pay for the next term in “Re-enrolment Weeks” (Week 8 and 9 of term) prior to new members.
- Changes to your booking day and/or time for the following term can be made during “Changes Week” (Week 10 of term)
- Priority for changes will be given to students already on the waitlist.
- Willoughby Leisure Centre Swim School will not operate on public holidays. Cost of lessons were adjusted at the time of payment.
- Waitlist requests are valid for 90 days.
- Once your waitlisted positon has become available, you will be notified via SMS.
- Positions will only be booked when you contact the Swim School and confirm you accept the position.
- A maximum of three (3) make-up lessons per student per term will be granted upon notification of an absence, provided the notification is made before the scheduled class start time.
- Make-up lessons are available to students enrolled in the current term only.
- Make-up lesson bookings are to be requested online via our website. Your requested make-up class will not be confirmed until you have received a booking confirmation email.
- Make-up lessons can only be booked up until the end of the current week.
- Booked make-up lessons cannot be rearranged. If not attended, the lesson is forfeited.
- Make-up lessons can only be used within the same term. Make-up lessons will not be carried over to following terms.
- Make-up lessons are subject to availability. If there are no available spaces, the make-up lesson will be forfeited.
- If circumstances change and you can attend your lesson after notifying us of absence, please contact the Swim School office as soon as possible, as another student may have booked your lesson as a make-up lesson.
CHANGES TO CLASSES
- The Swim School may be required to consolidate classes or the altering of timetables. All swim school members will be notified of any changes via SMS.
- In the event of an unforeseen closure resulting in the cancellation of lessons, the Swim School will notify you via email or SMS.
CREDITS AND/OR REFUNDS
Credits or refunds will be provided for:
- Relocation (more than 15km away from the Centre)
- Major or prolonged illness
- Injuries requiring significant healing time
- Enforced closure of Willoughby Leisure Centre Swim School
Refund requests are to be made in writing with supporting documentation for consideration by management.
- In the case of extended illness or injury (4 or more lessons) all absences must be notified prior to the class commencing, in order for a credit request to be considered.
- All credit requests require supporting documentation and will be actioned once paperwork is received. Credits will be processed from the date of the documentation.
- Approved credits will be valid for 12 months from date of approval.
- If a credit or request has been approved, the student will be removed from the class. Their position cannot be guaranteed for when they resume lessons.
Credits or refunds will not be given for:
- Absences due to holidays
- Religious/cultural reasons
- General illness and/or menstruation
PARENTAL SUPERVISION AND LESSON ETIQUETTE
All parents and guardians of Swim School students agree to comply with the Willoughby Leisure Centre Conditions of Entry.
- Parents are asked to remain onsite and be available to assist instructors with any issues which may arise during the lesson e.g. toileting, cleaning of nose etc.
- Please ensure your child is prepared and ready for their lesson in appropriate swimming attire (fitted cap and goggles)
- We ask parents keep their children with them until the beginning of their class.
- If parent wish to discuss their child’s progress, please speak to the On-Deck Supervisor. It is important the swimming instructor is not distracted and can focus on the class.
- Our swimming instructors are trained to deal with challenging behaviour Our Swimming Instructors are equipped to deal with challenging behaviour and will follow guidelines set out in the Swim School Behaviour Management Plan.