Our Adolescent Learn to Swim classes aim to build confidence in the water, introduce swimming and survival skills, correct technique and build fitness. These levels are for Children aged 8 years and older.
- Step in, back float & recover to wall
- Unassisted push, glide & kick 5m from seated position
- Extended push, paddle and kick 5m
- Push and glide (streamline position) on back 3m
- Push, glide and kick (streamline position) on back 5m
- Front paddle kick, roll to back skull and kick 5m
- Freestyle—breathing on one side
- Backstroke for 16m
- Breaststroke Kick for 16m
- Dolphin Dives
- After the completion of the adolescent Intermediate level, students will integrate into the Active program at Active level 4 or depending on the age of the Adolescent they may progress into the Adults Advanced level.