Returning to the centre
COVID Safe practices for visiting the Centre
Whether returning from holidays or for the first time since lockdown, it is important to be aware of the current COVID Safe practices and requirements when entering Willoughby Leisure Centre. We have practices in place to help ensure the safety of everyone on-site and we need your help to ensure these practices are adhered to.
Entering the Centre
When entering the Centre, please remember that the following conditions are in place in-line with NSW government requirements:
- COVID Safe check-ins are optional for all staff and customers using the NSW Government QR code system.
- Face masks are not compulsory in the centre; however, we strongly recommend their use.
Please help keep yourself, and others, safe by practising a recommended minimum of 1.5 metres physical distancing and sanitising your hands regularly using the hand sanitiser provided.
Wave to friends
We know our members love to socialise and catch-up at the Centre; however, at this time we ask you to wave to your friends and maintain physical distancing of at least 1.5-metres. A great way to catch-up and warm down after your workout is to grab a coffee-to-go (in your keep cup) from our café and stroll around the neighbouring parkland with your friends.
A clean workout is a great workout
When working out in the gym, cycling room or sports hall, please remember to:
- Sanitise your hands on arrival and regularly throughout your workout.
- Wipe down and clean all machines and gym equipment before and after use. Disinfectant wipe stations can be found in all workout spaces in the Centre.
- Wait until a fellow member has finished using a machine or gym equipment before using them yourself.
- Bring your own towel, exercise mat and drink bottle to use during your workout.
Group fitness classes
When attending a group fitness class, please remember:
- Bookings are required.
- Entry will not be granted to late arrivals after 10 minutes into the class.
- To wipe down and clean your equipment before and after use.
- There will be a 15-minute break in-between group classes to allow time for sanitising and pack-up to take place.
- To maintain 1.5-metre physical distancing from staff and other members.
Look after yourself
- If you're feeling unwell, even with mild symptoms, please stay home until you are feeling well again.
- If you become unwell during or after a workout, please let us know. This helps us keep you and our community safe.
- If you have come in contact with someone COVID-19 or are awaiting your own test results, please do not come into the centre. If you have been in the Centre during this exposure period, please call the Centre to let us know.